Sunday, October 17, 2021

Fall Thank You Cards

 Hello Everybody!

Tonight I finished two thank you cards that are fairly familiar.  I am trying to get better at making more while I have the supplies out.

Most of this is from Tim Holtz. The leaf die cuts and the foil cardstock-Tim. And the foil cardstock is just amazing! I used it for the gold background behind the inked panel. And then I cut the leaves from the metallic jewels paper pad.   I used 4 leaves for each card-which normally I am an odd number person but 3 wasn't enough but 4 was. 


I used black paint to give some definition to the edge of the gold part of the card. And the embossing folder is Anna Griffin I think.  I used a Stampers Anonymous stamp for the sentiment. This stamp set is one of my favorite sentiment sets. I love the handwriting. 

Here is the second card. However, I actually created this card first.   I tied some embossing floss around the leaves to bind them and then glue them onto the embossed panel  with collage medium.


I used distress inks and distress oxides on cardstock. Then I spritzed water on it. Then I ran it through my embossing machine. I felt that the pattern got lost in the distress ink. So I used a brayer and some gold paint and brayered gold onto the raised areas. I think I worked nicely.



I am entering these two cards into the challenge at the Funkie Junkie Boutique: Fall Gratitude.

Thank you for stopping by today!  :)


3 comments:

Laura Gilhuly said...

Beautiful card! I love the gold! great idea1 Thank you for joining us at The Funkie Junkie Boutique

sarascloset said...

Both of your fall thank you cards are stunning and have a touch of elegance with the gold!

Janna Ketchum said...

Gorgeous card! Love the texture and colors in the background. Thank you for joining the Funkie Junkie Challenge!