Saturday, September 12, 2020

Pencils

 Hello Friends!

I have had these little nubby pencils floating around my desk for sometime.  When I saw them I thought they would be cute on a little canvas.  So that's what I did today.  


I painted the square canvas magnet with Golden Paints- diarylide yellow, Naphthol Red Light and Burnt Umber Light (brown lol).  The red and yellow I tried to mix on the canvas but I felt the pencils got lost.  So I lightly painted brown over it and wiped some of it off with a towel.  Once the paint was dry I hot glued these little pencils on the canvas.


So why these little pencils? These are my son's pencils from school a few years ago.  I just thought they were super cute.  They were used by him to do school work. He totally could have thrown them away.  We have plenty of pencils so he didn't have to use the all the way to the end.  But he did :) My hand hurts just thinking about writing with them.  LOL.

Is there something you turned into art that wouldn't really be otherwise?  Let me know! :)

Thanks for stopping by!  Until next time my friends!



1 comment:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

What an AWESOME idea!!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeee this!!!