Saturday, March 21, 2020

Wish Birthday Card

Hello Friends!

I made this fun birthday card for a friend of mine who's birthday has passed.  It feels like years but I think I'm a little over a week late at this point.  I was going to give it to her in person-but we all know how seeing people in person is going (not so well!).


My friend had taken a picture with a moon backdrop.  And that's how I was inspired.  This is a clay mold from a Finnabair mold.  Side note: I love making clay molds!  I have all sorts of shapes.  I like to watch tv and just make them.  LOL.

The sentiment: vellum and black cardstock and a Tim Holtz die (Thank you Jennifer McGuire for the vellum idea!) and a Taylored Expressions strip die and stamp.

I used Iris Potion Sparks Prima art alchemy paint which is now one of my most favorite colors.  It's so shiny and fun.  Actually all of the sparks paints are-and I'm totally addicted.  The moon is painted with Ginger Magic.  The clock is a bit of green (fairy wings is the name of that sparks paint).


The clock is a little wooden clock.  I used a key in the middle.  I also used Old Silver Finnabair wax with a Paige Evans Star Stencil.  The pink stars were in my stash.

And I used micro beads to fill in.  Here is a close up.  They are around the moon too.  I'm still working on making my molds smooth on the back.  So here's the truth-when I glue them down there are gaps.  I used the micro beads to fill in these gaps.  I glued more micro beads in places to even out the micro beads look.


I am entering this card into the following challenges:

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Stencil Fun--the silver stars are made using a Paige Evans Stencil





Thank you for stopping by!  Until next time my friends--reach for the stars! :)


5 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

So GORGEOUS! LOVING that moon!!!!

Aimeslee Winans said...

Wow, a really cool mixed media card! I have some micro beads but I've only used them once. Your friend will love it! xox

shirley-bee said...

Great mixed media card! Thanks for playing along at Seize The Birthday :)

yyam said...

Oh wow. That background is sooooo cool. Looks fab.

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

This is fabulous. I love all the rich color and texture. Love that moon, the clock, stars, vellum - it's just a delight. I am sure that your friend will love it no matter how far away from her BD she receives it. I am trying to be conscious of sending cards right now to life spirits! Thanks so much for celebrating and playing with us at Time Out!