Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Thanks Card

Hi Friends!

On my Instagram I showed a pack of cards and corresponding papers that I have had Forever.  And I am finally going to bust this stash! That's my goal anyway.

It's part of another goal-so I will tell you quickly.  In years past I have observed Lent-I'm Christian and more specifically Episcopalian. We have Ash Wednesday services and Holy Week services.  This year I couldn't figure out what to "give up" for Lent.  Or add as some people add something like kindness or collect one item a day to give away to charity.  My dear sweet father-in-law passed away also.  And then the corona virus which is a daily saga all in itself-my mind has been all over the place.

Then I think oh yeah it's Lent-and Easter is coming soon.  And the 40 days still hung onto my heart and would appear in my mind.  What to do?

So I work in one of the best places on Earth.  Although it is a small workplace-it is quite mighty.  And everyone there sent cards, and food, and surrounded me and my family with love.  So as a cardmaker I must send them thank you cards.  In addition of course to our  family members and friends who were very loving and mindful during this time in our life.

So I am going to be making lots of thank you cards and other cards because that's what we do. :)  So to fulfill my Lent "obligation" I am going to make 40 cards before Easter.  And a portion of those cards will be made from this set I bought a long time ago. 


Here is the first card.  I used a card base from the Amy Butler pack, vellum, rinestones, cardstock, and a pink paper from the corresponding mat stack.  The sentiment is from Simon Says Stamp-and it's seriously one of my favorite dies.


I am entering this card into the following challenges:



Daisy Chain: #39 Use Dies (Thanks is from Simon Says Stamp)

Thank you for stopping by!  Until next time stay healthy my friends :)





2 comments:

Ellen said...

Lovely card, well done! Thanks for joining us at Daisy Chain Challenges.

groetjes, Ellen

Aimeslee Winans said...

Hi Katy! I am so relating to this post. I'm Episcopal too. Always give up something for Lent, but I start after my birthday end of Feb. This year it was reduce my social media time which is why I'm commenting late, trying to catch up now. So I'm rooting you on, great choice! xoxo