Saturday, August 4, 2018

Hugs Birthday Card

Hello Everybody!

Let me show the birthday card I made for my friend-and then I can tell you about it! :)


I was looking for things that my friend likes-and I didn't have much (in the way of farm animals and cowgirlish type things).  And as I was looking for something else (isn't that always the way?) it occurred to me that I am giving the card so it was ok if it was more a me card than a her card.

I like to make cards for people based on the people-I know many of us here in blogland do-that's part of the fun of make cards for our friends and family.  But I saw this old Stampin' Up stamp which reminded me of my spazzy self.  I used a Spell Binder die to make the cool scalloped circle. I saw the background that I had created for a different project but didn't work for that project.  (which is a stencil and distress oxides)  And then everything else came together.  I used Thickers foam letters to spell out Hugs because it was fun and we are always hugging. :)  LOL.

The cut little butterfly is from Queen and Company and the sparkly flower sequins are from Pink and Main.  I colored my spazzy "self" with Copic markers. :)  I used Nuovo Embellishment Mousse around the edges of the card to give them a little sparkle.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:

{Pin}spirational Challenge #221:  The photo inspiration:
Here pink dress-definitely an inspiration to this card.  But I hope she doesn't sit up to fast-the top doesn't look that secure.  And she's going to need hugs if she falls off of that bike with those shoes.  (LOL I'm teasing I'm sure this is a photo shoot sort of thing and she's a model.)


Cute Card Thursday: #541 Anything Goes

Watercooler Wednesday Challenge: #182 "Anything Goes with a Feminine Twist

5 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is ADORABLE!! I loveeeeeeee the colors!!!!

Crystal Komara said...

Katy, this is such a sweet card in some of my favorite (feminine) colors! Thank you for joining us this week at Watercooler Wednesday. So glad you did XO, Crystal

Tinstar said...

Cute card Katy, love your stencilling for the background. She certainly looks like she's about to hug you. Thanks for joining us at the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge.

Created by Kath said...

Fun card! Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenge!

Sharon Fritchman said...

Oh my goodness! Your card is absolutely adorable! I love your inspiration photo, too!