Friday, April 15, 2016

A Card for Encouragement

Hello Everybody!

I am so excited to share this card.  I had elements of it already made but wasn't sure about the sentiment or how it would come together.  I knew the background from my gelli print session the other night.  That post is here.

And I knew I was using the butterfly from Cre8tive Hands--which I love!  I can't wait to use it again. Cre8tive Hands is a sponsor for this months's challenge at Creative with Stamps.  (There's a really awesome lion stamp to that I have my eye on!) :)

When I started this card I didn't know what type of card (sentiment wise) it would be.  Then I went to breakfast with some friends.  And one friend was really sad.  And she isn't normally sad.  So when I came home and sat at my desk I instantly knew this had to be a card of encouragement and love.  So the sentiment is from Tim Holtz's chit chat stickers (the larger ones).  I inked around the edges.

So here's my card:


I used some Tim Holtz rub-ons.  Here are some close ups.  This one has flowers.


This is a diamond design.  I also added some Recollections gems to the butterfly.  


This one says Handle with Care.


I used a border bunch and used it border as a mask to paint spots on the sides.  The paint from the monoprint was slick and so the paint took a bit longer to dry than normal.


So there is still plenty of time left to link up with us at Creative with Stamps.  This month we are using butterflies.  




Be sure to stop by the Cre8tive Hands shop for Digi Stamps. :)


Until next time my friends...Have a beautiful day! :)

11 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is gorgeous! LOVING the green!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maria Valente said...

Love the green background! Great card!
HUgs

Dotty Jo said...

Gloriously green! Jo x

Monika Reeck said...

I love that dark green Katy
and I have seen you put some stamped in black ink
I love the diamond and the idea of the border dots
beautifully made
Katy may I have 2 / 3 pcs of that border punch? You know my address right?
may I send you some Die cutting sentiment
tell me which one you like and I like to exchange papers with you (die cutting paper vx your border dots punch)that border you have I never seen it in Germany (too bad)
see you around teamie
hugs
Monika

Monika Reeck said...

I men that border dots you have VS my die cutting paper = Exchange goodies (SMILE)

Billie A said...

Great card and like the butterfly against the background. Awesome sentiment. Hugs

Helen F. said...

Katy, your wonderful card is sure to cheer up your friend. The digi butterfly looks amazing with your deep green background.

Michelle said...

Such a beautiful card. I'm sure it cheered your friend up. I love everything about your card.

Hugs,
Michelle
Cre8tive Hands.

Leslie Germain said...

This card is GORGEOUS!!! LOVE that beautiful green background with the butterfly!!!

Eunice von creative clutter box said...

The background is so pretty - love the dark green :)
Great card!
Have nice day, Eunice

Lilian said...

Oh, I love that background!!! Awesome card for your friend!
Lilian
The Leaf Studio