Friday, August 15, 2014

It's Still Summer!

Hello Everybody!

It's my turn over at the Unique Laser Designs Blog to share a project I made using awesome wood embellishments from the Unique Laser Designs Store.  I know school is staring soon (if not already), but I'm not quite ready to let go of summer so fast!

A friend of ours gave us this cool Beach Photo Holder a couple of years ago.  When I saw the new wood pieces at Unique Laser Designs-I was so excited!  I knew what I could use them for!


Here are the Unique Laser Design Pieces I chose to decorate with: Shells and the Dolphin.



I started off painting the photo holder with Salty Ocean Distress Paint.  I painted the base with Scattered Straw.


I painted the shells with gesso first.  Then for the first 3 (left to right) I painted them with spun sugar.  I outlined them with a worn lipstick distress marker (Thanks Tim Holtz for the idea!) and then I used Star Dust Stickles to outline the outlines (hehe).  Then I used black soot distress ink around the outside of each piece.



For this shell I added a little Shaded Lilac distress ink with my finger.  Just to add a little something.


For this shell-I actually painted it with an orange and white paint mix.  I wanted it to be coral.  I didn't use a marker for the outlines-just the Stickles.


For the sand-I made the sand using Tim Holtz's recipe and technique here.  I love this!  He is just brilliant!  I did have to substitute 2 things-I used Stampendous black embossing powder and a generic gold glitter.  But other than that everything else is the same.  The Antique Linen distress embossing powder is a must because it give it the sandy color.  (I personally don't have anything comparable.)

I don't have any pictures from making sand-it's a messing process.  :)

For the dolphin I used Sparkle N Sprinkle's micro glitter sonic silver.  They have a brushable glue-and that is what I used to adhere the glitter. 


So here is my finished Beach Photo Holder.  This is outside.  By the pool.  LOL!  I don't live close enough to the beach for a quick photo.  


And here is the photo holder in the photo box.  :)


Thank you so much for stopping by!  Until next time my friends...get your towels and sunscreen! ;)  Summer isn't over yet!

















2 comments:

Annette Allen said...

oh my this is so awesome.. your so creative.. i love it

Dr Sonia S V said...

WOW what a stunner-- I love anything ocean themed and love love this idea-- the sparkle effect is gorgeous
Cheers
Dr Sonia
Cards Crafts Kids Projects