Friday, August 22, 2014

Friday Fun Layout

Hello Everybody!

It's my turn over at the Great Impressions Blog and I have a fun layout to share with you all today. :)  I was in a mixed media mood so I got out my stencils, inks, and most important-my Great Impressions Stamps!

Here's my layout.



Here is the Retro Happy Birthday stamp.  I used Real Red Stampin' Up Craft Ink with this stamp and clear embossing powder.  I used Real Red on the Tim Holtz Resist letters and for the Twirly Background stamp.


There are splatters from the stencils and from some mists that I used.  However, if you look here and see those brown dots (walnut stain distress ink)--that is the distressed background stamp.  I used it in other places on this layout but it shows up really well on the right hand corner.


Here are the retro circles.  I used weathered wood and black soot distress inks.  The weathered wood (like a gray) was applied first.  Then I just did a few black circles to give it some dimension.  You can also see the red twirls.  :)


Here is how this look where the picture goes.  You won't see all of those circles-but you need them to get the border to have some depth.  The chevrons are a stencil (heidi swapp) and Stampin' Up White Craft Ink.


Here is the area with the picture and embellies.  I also used Tim Holtz's sun burst stencil.  Some of those dots you see is bubble wrap with walnut stain distress ink.


For more inspiration check out the Great Impressions Blog, Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest!  :)  And if you are ready to do some shopping: Great Impressions Online Store.

Until next time my friends...stay inspired! :)





5 comments:

Annette Allen said...

awesome layout. love those big letters..

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Gorgeous! LOVING the background!!!!!!!

Mynn xx said...

This page is totally awesome, Katy! LOVE the fun colors and the awesome texture from all the stamping! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

Leslie Germain said...

Such a fun background! Fantastic layout!!

Deepti said...

This indeed looks like fun :) love all the spritzing stamping u did to build the BG !