Friday, May 23, 2014

Purple Rain

Hello Everybody!

I made a tag for a couple of challenges this evening.

Compendium of Curiosities 3: Distress Glitter Page 56

Dragons Dream Tag It On: Letter R and Music

Here is my tag.  I used the umbrella man as my die cut.  I cut the raindrops out free hand.  I used Tim's stains, paints, stencil, glitter, and the stamp at the bottom (which I would like to represent as water puddles).  The sunrays are made by blending yellow and orange gelatos with light modeling paste.



Here is a closeup of my tag. I used Recollections music washi tape on the background.  There is a piece of Tim's tape on the left hand side.  I pop dotted the raindrop on the man's umbrella.

As far as music all of these songs popped into my head:  Purple Rain, Raindrops keep falling on my head,  Singing in the rain....the list could go on and on.


Thanks for stopping by!  Until next time my friends...stay dry!

15 comments:

Rika said...

Fab tag, great background!

Jaya Raghuvanshi said...

Fabulous Tag Katy! I love the textures!

Jenny Marples said...

Oh that's clever Katy! Love the combo of glitter and stencilling on this. Jenny x

Hels Sheridan said...

Fabby tag, love all the layers you created and the use of the glitter is great... Thanks for playing along with the CC3 Challenge x

Annette Allen said...

wow now that is just too cool.. love the purple rain drops..

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Gorgeous! LOVING the glitter!!!

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

You had me at the title! LOVE the purple glittery rain drops...very cool...as are the rays! Thank you so much for playing along with us at CC3Challenge!!!

Julie Lee said...

A clever idea to reference all those songs with 'rain' in their lyrics!I love the way you used 'Umbrella Man'. Rain's certainly a popular inspiration for music! Thank you for dreaming with the Dragons. Julie Ann xxx

Rosie said...

A wonderful tag with a amazing background

ElizabethR said...

Great tag wish it would stay dry! Thanks for sharing with us at the Dragons Dream TIO. Elizabeth x

May said...

Gorgeous tag, I adore the texture & fabulous design...Great take on the alphabet recipe...Thank you for dreaming with us at Dragons Dream... Hugs May x x

Helen said...

Great tag, I really love the raindrops!! Thanks for dreaming with the dragons at TIO

Dianne said...

Hello Katy, your tag is brilliant, love the background you created and the umbrella man is one of my favorites, love the sparkly raindrops, thanks for sharing..

Esther said...

What a great tag! I have that song going on in my head now, lol.

Unknown said...

Great Tag and thanks for playing with the Dragons this time. Good luck Jacqui (DT member)