***This project was the winner at Lessology. Thank you!
It is my turn at Unique Laser Designs Blog and have I got a fun project for you today! This little cabin....
Here is the 360 tour.
Here is a side view and you can see the flower box on each side.
Here is the back. This is behind the scenes!
This is the other side.
Here is the cabin with the light on.
Here is the roof glued together. I used fabri-tac but it took a while to dry. But is is a solid hold.
To make the shingles on the roof I used this punch I bought a looong time ago! I think it was to make little punch people. I for whatever reason just bought this shape and didn't realize that you needed all of these other punches. So this punch is good for roof tiles and gum drops. ;) I adhered them using modge podge. The paper is from Making Memories.
I used fiber paste on the walls (ATC cards-2). Then I pushed in the brick stencil which is opposite of what you normally do with a stencil.
Here is the painted brick and mortar in progress.
I used aluminum foil to make the tree. I folded it and figured out how tall I wanted it and then I rolled it up.
I embossed a piece of brown cardstock with the tree embossing folder from Tim Holtz. Later I used a dark brown ink from Staz On to highlight the tree trunk.
Here is the paper wrapped around the aluminum.
I started the tree top this way. I used hot glue to put them on there. Be careful not to burn yourself.
I was cleaning and found this thin cardboard. Perfect for the space around my window. (I'm sorry I don't have a picture of that.) So I trimmed the cardboard and then did the same brick wall treatment. Except this go around I used thinner fiber paste so it would dry sooner.
I did a little upcycling with this old material that I have had forever!
I used Worn Lipstick Distress Stain to make it pink. :) Happy! Then I used a straw a the "curtain rod." I put fabric tac on the material and glue it to itself with the straw through the middle. You can open the curtains or close them.
Here is the tag. I painted it green with distress paints shabby shutters and olive. Once it dried I blotted some mowed grass from the ink pad on there. I hot glued the tree where the fibers usually go.
This foam is the flower box. Do you know where it is from? It is the foam that comes in Tim Holtz embossing folders. It's at the bottom. I recycle the container but have to throw this away. (Our company does not recycle foam). But I saved this piece in case of something. In case I needed a small flower box! I cut it it to make it smaller. I used walnut stain and scattered straw to paint it. Then I added some little Kaiser flowers to it.
I put a tea light in the little cabin. It looks so cool! I also added some random little grass blades.
Here is the cabin at night. :)
If you made it to the end of this post-Woo Hoo! ;) There was just so much to talk about!
I would like to enter this cabin into the challenge going on at Lessology: #36 Use a Window and Upcycled Item
**Upcycled material for curtain and foam from packaging for flower box
Thank you so much for stopping by! Until next time my friends...have a great day! :)