Monday, October 7, 2013

Practice Tags

Hello Everybody!

I can't believe it's been like a week since I last posted.  It's been busy!  My birthday was last week so my husband planned lots of fun stuff for my birthday week :)  I'll share more about that later :)

Today starts Creative Chemistry 102 with Tim Holtz.  Day 1 is awesome!

Here are 2 tags I made using the marble and resist techniques.  This is what I needed to get my mojo going! :)


This marble rocks!  And then I did a little water flicking.


Here's my resist.  I flicked water on it also.  And somehow I did too much flicking on the mannequin.  But other than that this tag came out great.  You can see the writing from the notions labels.


Super excited about the other lessons....so I better go!  Thanks for stopping by!  Until next time my friends...what's your favorite technique so far? :)

8 comments:

TaborTooth said...

Beautiful tags!!! I rather like the mannequin... goes with the whole Distress look...

Desire Fourie said...

Oh wow, this is a stunning tag. Love the creative techniques you used.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

Annette Green said...

Yay! Katy, so glad to see you participating! Your tags are turning out great. I love Distress Paints so much. See you in the Forums!

Louise said...

Good start! The others are fun too! This week will keep us busy!

Art Joy of Sharing with Peg and Shel said...

Love it.

Donna said...

Beautiful tag! My fav is the metallic tag

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

These are beautiful! LOVING the colors!!!!!

Sandra said...

Gorgeous tags, Katy! The Distress Paints are so much fun! And so is Creative Chemistry! See you in class! Hugs, Sandra