Monday, October 7, 2013

Trick or Treat!

Hello Everybody!

I made this Halloween card for 2 challenges:

Curtain Call: Spooky Scene

Moxie Fab World: Gold Challenge

I created a scene for my little trick or treaters.  The stamps are from My Mind's Eye (a couple of years ago maybe).  I used distress inks for the background.  I used scattered straw and orange marmalade for the sun setting sky.  For the darker part of the sky I used dusty concorde and faded jeans.  I used walnut ink and a little black soot for the ground.

I embossed the trees with gold embossing powder for the Moxie Fab challenge.  Normally I would have done it in black but gold looks so much better with the fall colors.  I did use black embossing powder for the little kids.


I even stamped the inside.  I felt I had to because there wasn't a sentiment on the outside of the card.

Thanks for stopping by!  Until next time my friends...did you go trick or treating as a kid?

7 comments:

Annette Allen said...

oh my word this is too cute.. i love it

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhh this is adorable! LOVING the witch and Frankie!!!!!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Katy! Thanks for linking this up to the All That Glitters is Gold challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Stacey Schafer said...

how flippin' cute! thanks for playing along at the Curtain Call!

Cris G. said...

Hi, Katy. Congratulations on your win at MFW. This is a fun card and I love the colors of your background.

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a super cute card. Love the images and the sponged background with those trees. Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge

Maria said...

Adorable card! LOVE that background!