Saturday, February 24, 2024

Box of Dreams

 Hello Everybody!

Today I am sharing an altered box for the Monday Challenge at Simon Says Stamp: Not a Card.

I had a box/decoration from the Dollar Tree that I bought specifically to alter. 


The quote chip says Dream of Faraway Places and Daring Adventures. It was perfect for this scene. I love mushrooms right now. The mushrooms are from a die cut from Simon Says Stamp that I got at Christmas. I cut them from different pattern papers and then inked them with distress: scorched timber, salvaged patina and cracked pistachio. I used the various sizes and pop dotted a few. 

The paper dolls and wings are Tim Holtz. So is the quote chip. The Falling Stars die cut from Sizzix/Tim Holtz fit perfectly in the frame. I used distress sprays and oxides for the sky and grass on watercolor paper and then cut out the stars. I used a sparkly paper from DCWV for the background. Then I painted the paint chip and used grit paste. I added moss-I love a project using moss! :)


I used a yellow and a pink paint marker on each set of fairy wings.  I used Tim's thin tape trims around the edges of the box.


Here is the original frame. I took out hello. Then I painted it in black gesso. It measures 6.5 inches tall and 5 inches across.


Thank you for stopping by! :)

1 comment:

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

This is a brilliant project Katy! Have a fab weekend Michelle x