Friday, December 29, 2023

Snowy Thank You Card

 Hello Friends!

I was watching YouTube videos yesterday looking for inspiration to make a card and I found one at Simon Says Stamp.  I didn't have the supplies they had so I adapted with what I had on hand.  I am submitting this card into the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Let it Snow.

Here's my card:


I had light blue cardstock and I embossed it using a sizzix/Tim Holtz folder.  I used Salvaged Patina and Tumbled Glass distress ink and then edged the outside with Salvaged Patina Oxide and a silver marker on the very edge.  I also spritzed phantom mist distress mica on my background and some white paint flakes (as in the video).

The snowflakes are cut from holographic paper like in the video. What a fun idea! I had some cut from glitter cardstock but there is something fresh about the holographic paper.  In this picture you can see the mica spray and paint splatters better.  (The snowflake die cuts are Tim's, and one is from Taylored Expressions.)

I used Tim Holtz metallic droplets for the centers of the snowflakes.  The sentiment is an older Stampin' Up stamp.


Thank you for stopping by today! :)


No comments: