Tuesday, April 13, 2021

Orchid Vignette Box

 Hello Friends!

I am so excited to share a cool vignette box that I made for a friend of mine. :)  My friends loves and takes care of orchids-so I had to make sure I incorporated that into this box. It was a thank you from me to her. Sometimes cards just aren't enough ;)

So here is the vignette box:


I made these orchids using a silhouette design store file and wilted violet and wild honey distress oxide inks. The leaves are from a tim holtz funky floral die cut set and I trimmed the leaves to look like this. I did a little paper shaping, also.  I used a botanical rub on on from tim holtz in the background.


This is an adornment metal charm from tim holtz. I made it purple with alcohol ink.  And the dreamer of dreams is another rub on from a different set. 


There's another picture of the orchids because I love how they turned out. They are in a little tim holtz jar (corked vials) and I glued the stem to the side of the jar to keep the orchids from moving around.


The background is a tim holtz wallpaper that I colored with vintage photo and broken china distress oxide. The bird is clay and made from a mod podge mold. I painted it with a finnabair sparks paint-butterfly spells.


Rust! I love to create rust! I used finnabairs 3 paint/paste rust effects. This is over a clip thing that has a whole in it. Originally, it was an orange clip from Making Memories. Then I painted black gesso over it and clipped it to the side. I made the rust happen and used extra jump rings for the time coin and antique gem- both are tim holtz.


Here's a side view.  I sprayed stormy sky distress oxide spray onto the box so it has a blue tint.


Look at that rust!


Another view.  The paper doll is from tim holtz.


This is the 2nd smallest vignette box that Tim sells. I also added antique glass glitter from Melissa Francis along the corner on the left and the bottom.  I feel that I need more glitter in my life and used it here. :)


I am submitting this cool vignette box into the following challenges:

Path of Positivity Challenge: #90 Smile/Laugh This is a thank  you for my friend for helping me. I know she will smile when she sees the orchids. :)

Use Your Stuff: #420 Spring Easter

Thank you for stopping by! :)

2 comments:

Kathy said...

I love this! Great work

Suze said...

Beautiful detailed box. My Mum likes orchids too. Thank you for entering the Share A Smile/Laugh Challenge at Path of Positivity.