Sunday, March 21, 2021

My Love for Finnabair

 Hello Everybody!

This is an origin story-LOL. I was going through my pictures-and I realized that this is a project that I haven't posted anywhere. Not on my blog or Insta or FB. And I don't know how it happened but it's important for me to post it.  Wait--I made this project in January 2020 (I checked the date on the unedited pictures.)   LOL then things got busy and then there was a pandemic. 

It really did start my love for Finnabair moulds and waxes. So I was watching YouTube and watched Ann from Finnabair do an altered tin project. You can see it here. I was really inspired and thought-hey I can do that. 

Some how I had started making a few moulds. I had faces from sculpey.

So I got a mint tin. (Look there's two-but still to this day one still is in it's original state lol.)


I painted the whole thing in black gesso. I followed the video with what supplies I had.


I made this using a Tim Holtz sticker word. Maybe I had the Melange art pebbles already? I don't know but I was excited when she show how to make this. I adhered fine glitter behind the word.


Here is the bottom part started. There is the sculpey face and some little bit I put in the tin. That is silver paint not wax on the moon face.


Painted black gesso over everything that I knew would be permanent.


Here's the front of the tin.


Here it is now. This is some sort of mesh  that I adhered to the front of the tin.


I had a Finnabair paint-one of the opal magic. I painted blue first and then highlighted with the opal magic paint. There's my create art pebble.  I also started to add some fun glitter.


Now here is the front. It's possible I had a silver wax but I kind of think that was silver paint at the time.


And here is the inside. I also added some silver star sequins.  And I have loved Finnabair ever since. :) 


Thank you for stopping by! 


1 comment:

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Love it! Such a cool project and that mint tin made a perfect vessel for your project. I contemplating a sardine can (but need to eat them first) but might end up with tuna. This is a really inspiring project and I haven't used any Finnabair products yet but as I love miniature craft a project is pending. Have a great weekend. Michelle x