Friday, February 28, 2020

An Odd Card

Hello Friends!

Over at the Funkie Junkie Boutique Blog, they are having a challenge requiring something odd.  I thought what could I make for this?  And I remembered that my son used to watch a show called The Odd Squad and they solved math problems in order to fix all sorts of odd happenings.  I also got out a stamp set that I bought a few years ago and hadn't used-because it was a little different than the rest of my stamps. 

Here is my card:


I made these cool circles with a stencil (probably Ranger but I don't know which artist) and blue velvet opal magic wax which is just awesome.  (this isn't the odd thing, keep going)


Here's my sorta odd stamp.  Now that I have created this card-I am excite to use this stamp again.  Her arm and legs are separate stamps and I think when you have more sets you can interchange them.  This is a Clearly Constructed Art Stamp by Catherine Moore.  One of the main reasons I hadn't used her is the space in her skirt.  Like what do I do with that?  LOL. I colored her with Prismacolor markers.


So I make these gears and upcoming clock out of paper clay and molds (from Mod Podge).  I had pieces of a gear that broke, and it was perfect!  I painted these with Prima Opal Magic pink blue paint. And glued them in the space.  Then I put another wax on the clock but I don't remember which one. This is under the clock.


So I moved her arm and her feet so you could see them in a different place because of the brads.  

What else is odd besides my teacup wearing character friend here?  The number circles are missing the number 4.  And there is a moon face on the left side of the card.  Why?  So odd.  And maybe she is a robot with all of those gears!  Also, odd.


I had a great time creating this card.  Maybe I should think more odd. :)

Here are the challenges I would like to submit this too:



Thank you for stopping by! :)  Until next time my friends...stay odd :)

3 comments:

sarascloset said...

Great card using that odd stamp! And it certainly is odd to omit the number 4, not to mention wearing a teacup on her head! Crazy fun card and so perfect for our Leap into the Odd challenge at The Funkie Junkie Boutique Blog!

Maggi said...

Cool! I love your "odd"thinking, LOL! Your card is so unique, I love everything about it! Thanks for joining our challenge at The Funkie Junkie Boutique Blog.

Jenny Marples said...

Oh Katy I love how you've truly embraced the theme for this challenge and moreover reached for a rarely used stamp. I love how you've filled the space in her dress so that it looks for all the world like that is exactly what was intended by the designer, and the teacup on her head really is so odd! Thank you for joining us at The Funkie Junkie Boutique Blog xx