Monday, August 14, 2017

Missed Birthday Card

Hello Everybody!

A sweet friend of mine had a birthday last week.  And I knew it was coming.  And then I watched it go!  Well that's no good.  I knew I had to make my friend a birthday card.  So I got out my crazy birds-because they are always great inspiration within themselves, and I set off to work!

So here's my card:


The background is cracked pistachio distress oxide with a tim holtz stencil.  And for the bird I used wilted violet (oxided di) as a watercolor.  So I put some on my mat and spritz with water.  Then I used a paintbrush to paint the bird.  I did the same thing for the balloon using worn lipstick.

Since I am going to enter this into the challenge at Seize the Birthday I had to take this card up a notch.  LOL :)  I added a white string and a bow on the balloon.



Thank you for stopping by today!  Until next time my friends-have a happy day! :)


5 comments:

stampwithsandy said...

Love those crazy birds, and what a cute card you've made with them, Katy! Great background and sentiment. So glad you joined us at Seize the Birthday!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Sooooooooooo cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Annette Allen said...

totally fun card..

Dr Sonia S V said...

Hehe missing birthdays happens to me all the time ! The angry bird looks super cute in purple! !

yyam said...

Hehe...this is sooooo cute!