Friday, August 16, 2013

An Apple

Hello Everybody!

It's time for a new challenge at Clearly iStamp!  The challenge this time is to do a school related project.

I made a 3-D apple.  I used the digi papers and sentiment from the Candy Apple set and the worm from the Time for School set.


I loved the papers from the Candy Apple set.  They felt very fallish to me and gave some depth to one side of the apple.  I used the My World Cricut cartridge to cut out about 24 red apples.  Then I cut out 2 of each of the 3 patterns from the digi set.  I inked the edges.  Then I folded them in half and glued on half to the other.  Now this technique works perfect when both sides of the die are symmetrical.  My apples were a little off, but I tried to match like with like sides.  I had to trim a little in a few places.  The leaf is also from that cartridge and I used a Cricut marker to outline the leaf on both side.  I used barn door distress ink to ink up the sentiment.

I made the worm twice-but flipped the second one.  I added googly eyes on each side and colored it with Copic markers.


Here is the back side.  I am excited for my son to give it to his teacher! :)



Here are the details for this time's challenge:

Dates: Aug 16th - Aug 29th (11pm Central Time)
Prized $10 gift code to Clearly Digi Stamps for digital stamps.  If you use a CDS stamp, you will be entered twice into the drawing!
There will also be a Top 3 Award!

I'm so excited to see your school projects!  Until next time my friends...How you like them apples? ;)




7 comments:

Unknown said...

This is soo cute! Your son's teacher should love it! Debbie CiSCDT

Rocky said...

This is great, just what Mynnette could do with next week!!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

OMYGOSH!! This is sooooooooooo cute! I loveeeeeeeee it!!!

Heather said...

This is so cute! And such a great idea for a little teacher gift. It's the traditional apple, but not something she has to eat. It can sit on her desk all year!

Angi Barrs said...

Awwww this is so sweet!

Dr Sonia S V said...

This is so gorgeous .such a perfect gift
Cheers
Dr Sonia
Cards Crafts School Projects

Darnell said...

Um, would you believe me if I tell you that I used to be your teacher years ago, so I can get one of these delightful apples, too?! This is a brilliant, brilliant creation, Katy!! So pinned!!