Saturday, November 10, 2012

Merci!

Hello Everybody!

I am so excited to show you my card!  I made the background for it and I used mica for the first time!  Ok so let's take care of business first and then I can show you my card! :)

I am submitting this card to the following challenges:

Simon Says Stamp and Show: Inspiration Francaise-Eiffel Tower stamp from Hero Arts

Our Creative Corner: Make Your Own Background-inks and stamps

Moxie Fab World: Alphabet Stickers Challenge-Greeting on the card

So here's my card.  I bought a new little easel to hold my cards.  Yay! :)  I guess I will figure out if I will crop it out but for now there it is.  I also bought in that same little shopping trip some mica bits.  They are from Stampendous and have 5 different colors.  I have seen mica forever-but now I have some.  So I applied glue to the edges of the black cardstock to get it to stick.  I did this after I gold embossed the Eiffel Tower.  Then I sprayed gold Pearls Mist onto it.


Here is my background.  I love this background-so it must be one of the prettiest ones I have made.  LOL!  I used spiced marmalade and bronze distress stain and mustard seed and rusty hinge distress ink.  I applied them to my mat and spritzed a little water.  The result is just awesome!  Then I stamped the script on top.  But that wasn't enough.  So after this picture I went back and added swirls and polka dots using stamps by Stephanie Barnard (I got them a loooong time ago at CKU).


Here's a close up of my card.  The title is made from Making Memories sticker letters.


Thank you for stopping by!  Until next time my friends...Bonsoir!

6 comments:

Annette Allen said...

wow this is amazing...totally love it

Desire Fourie said...

Katy this is gorgeous and so glamarous.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life - my personal blog}

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Lovely card Maty, your background is a lovely backdrop for the Eiffel Tower and I like your lettering. Thanks so much for joining in the Simon Days Stamp and Show Challenge. Tracy x

Candy C said...

Katy...your French inspired card is so pretty! I love your background with the sepia-ish tones and the script stamping. It's a beautiful backdrop for your lovely stamped Eiffel Tower. Love the Mica bits! They are fantastic! I have some of those and love the dimension and grungy "bling" they add to anything! Thanks for sharing your card with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

MarcyK924 said...

This is OOOO LA LA!! LOVE this HA stamp and how you used it on your card! Just gorgeous, Katy! Thanks so much for joining our challenge this week at Our Creative Corner! Hugs, Marcy

Lili said...

Love the background you have created! The water gives such a nice look of texture and I really like how the script is on the top. Thanks for playing along with us at Our Creative Corner !