Tuesday, November 13, 2012

A Warm Christmas Card

Hello Everybody!

I made this card for the challenge at For Fun Challenges.  The challenge is to make a card for Christmas and it can be cold or warm-like where you live during the Holidays.  I live in Florida so it's generally warm for Christmas.  The first year it takes some getting used to but now it would be weird if it were cold.  We still decorate with snowflakes and give scarves for Christmas for the week in January or February when it will be cold enough to wear them for a week or so.  LOL! :)


The snowflake paper is from DCWV.  The silver glittery paper I bought from Joanne's.  The flamingo is a stamp from Close to My Heart.  The Christmas is a sticker from Making Memories.  The Greetings...is a stamp from Custer's Last Stamp.  I colored the flamingo using Copics.

I am sending this card to the Card Drive that Vera Yates is doing.  You can find out more details here.  She and Jennifer McGuire are collecting Christmas cards to send to seniors.  I think it's fantastic and hope to make a couple of more before time runs out! :)

Thanks for stopping by!  Until next time my friends...have a good night! :)

5 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

What a lovely Christmas card Katy. Love the non traditional colours.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Annette Allen said...

super cute..that flamingo is so fun..love his Christmas hat..

Mynn xx said...

LOL, this is great! LOVE how you colored the water--it looks so real! Fabulous holiday card, Katy! In response to your question about the paper I used on my 3D punched elements cards, it is from DCWV! :) It's in the Lemon Flower stack, I believe. Find it at your local JoAnn store! Hope this helps!!! :)

yyam said...

So sweet! Love the glitter! :)

Karen Petitt said...

oh now i am so very jealous - only one or two weeks of cold weather! fab quirky xmas card! x