Monday, February 6, 2012

Heart of Hearts Card

Hello Everybody!

I made a card this evening for 2 challenges.

The first is at Moxie Fab:  The Punches Challenge in the Moxie Fab World.  This challenge is to "incorporate a punched element in an innovative way."  There is still plenty of time to play so go check it out!

The second challenge is for Pals Paper Arts.  This is the first time I have played here so I am very excited. They have color challenges and sketches.  This challenge is to "use any red."  There are still a few more days...so go check it out too!

Here is my card.  I used my heart punch to make the little hearts.  The color of the hearts range from red to pink.  Scroll on down, and I'll show you what I did!


First I got out some alcohol inks.  I did not use the Currant or the Silver for my hearts.


Clean felt applicator--check.  Photo paper--check.


I dabbed some Watermelon, Cranberry, and Snow Cap on my applicator.  The Snow Cap I received at Christmas from my sister, but this is the first chance I have gotten to use it.


And I love it!!  It really lightens up the colors!  Can't wait to use it again!


Here's my heart punch, and I just start punchin' out hearts!  Some had white on them, but I didn't use them for the card because I felt they got lost against the white cardstock.


Here are the hearts on the Xron strip.  They will stick to the embossed cardstock better with Xron (at least for me anyway!)


Here is sort of a close up.  I stamped the sentiment on a transparency with Staz On jet black ink.  There are edges that are under the hearts so I could put the transparency on the card without adhesive showing through.


Here's my card again.  The background pink paper is from Bazzill and it is called Passionate.  How appropriate for Valentine's Day!

Until next time my friends....stay punchy!

3 comments:

Annette Allen said...

so clever...love all those fun hearts..

Patti MacLeith said...

Fun technique and lovely hearts. Thanks for playing at Pals Paper Arts!!

Khandrogos said...

the hearts have a really cool glossy look the pictures don't do justice