Wednesday, June 22, 2022

Use Your Wings Card

 Hello Everybody!

Happy Summer so far! I created this card for a graduation-I am a little late-but better late than never!  So this is for my cousin :) Yay! And it's not a traditional cap and gown but I think that's ok.


I used:

Tim Holtz Silver Cardstock (background)
Sticky Sheet
Finnabair Fine Metallic Flakes-Dublin
Air Dry Clay and Mould from Finnabair for the butterfly
Tim Holtz Quote Chip
Tim Holtz Sterling Foundry Wax
Finnabair Peacock Wax
Brads

So I was watching a Sizzix video and Pete talked about using metallic flakes with an adhesive sheet-and that is what I did for the pretty green/blue/silver panel. He embosses his but I couldn't. At least not this time around-I just thought it was gorgeous. I also sealed it with modge podge so it doesn't rub off too bad if someone touches it.

The clay butterfly-I just directed applied the foundry wax-little by little and as I rewatched Tim's video so I did it correctly).  When the butterfly was all silver I then added the peacock wax over the highlights.

I used my crop-a-dile to make holes in the quote chip and I put some brads to make it look more finished since I didn't ink it or anything.

I used glossy accents to glue the butterfly and chip quote.

I am linking this to The Funkie Junkie Boutique Challenge Blog: Stuck in the Middle.  The butterfly and sentiment are in the middle :)

Thank you for stopping by!


4 comments:

Larimore2 said...

Your Cousin will LOVE this card!! I can feel you about being late, since I always am late with my congrats makes- made with love takes time & it’s always appreciated!!
You really got my eye with the colors & I am happy you took the time to detail this with ModPodge so it will last. That’s what the pros do, so you’re in the elite! You hit the ball outta the park with the BEAUTIFUL butterfly, and it absolutely belongs in the middle!!
Thanks so much for joining in on the fun with us at The Funkie Junkie Boutique!!

Teri Wilson said...

Love the colors. Great idea for a graduation card! Thanks for joining in The Funie Junie Boutique's Challenge.

Laura Gilhuly said...

Such a very pretty card! Thank you for playing along with The Funkie Junkie Boutique!

Lisa Hoel said...

that Foundry Wax looks wonderful on the butterfly! Thank you for joining us at the Funkie Junkie! =)