Friday, February 12, 2021

Steampunk Valentine Frame

 Hello Friends!

Tonight I am sharing with you one of 6 frames I decorated. This is the 12th day of my 14 Days of Valentine's Craftiness. And there are still so many fun things left to share! But for now check out this cool frame!

I am submitting this frame into the following challenges: 

The Male Room: #147 Steampunk 

SanDee & Amelie's Steampunk Challenge: Steampunk Jan/Feb Challenge


Here's how I made it. These wood frames came from Hobby Lobby. And I will be honest-I looked all over Pinterest for inspiration and there was none. LOL. Maybe I looked it up wrong. So I started to gesso this frame and paint it pink.


Here it is gesso. Then I used some pink craft paint and what I saw was a bit of natural distress. If you look at the first picture again you can see white show through. That's the gesso. I could have painted over it-but I liked the distress of. And this was good because it was like the personality of the frame was starting.


I have pre-made clay pieces that I make when I'm watching tv. And it's great for times like this. I brought them out and sorted through them so see what would fit. So this cluster here is all prima moulds. I also painted them with black gesso and then used various finnabair waxes. This is definitely one of my favorite parts. I love the waxes!  I also took some of the matte wax and went along the edge of the frame. You can see it here behind the gears. Also, I hot glued this gears on.


This bottom cluster is also clay gears except the bottom is Prima and the top 2 are from Mod Podge. And the LOVE is a metal charm. 


This was made using a Tim Holtz stencil and vintage gold finnabair wax. I love this stencil. And you can see the pink paint and the white showing through and the texture it creates. and then the wax applied on top of that. So cool! :)


I didn't keep this frame-I mailed it to a family member. I put a picture of all of us together the last time we were together which has been a while. I made the pic black and white and it turned out really nice. :)

Thank you for stopping by!  Hugs!


5 comments:

Kate said...

What a beautiful gift to send a loved one - such a beautiful way of preserving a moment in time!

Andreja said...

What a beautiful steampunk frame you made :-))
Thanks for joining us at the The Male Room Craft Challenge ❤️ Hope to see you at the next challenge, too.

Claudia N. said...

Such a gorgeous little steampunk frame! Thank you for sharing it with us at SanDee&amelie's Steampunk Challenges!

Claudia xx

Goga said...

Fantastic love frame. Thank you for joining us at The Male Room. Goga

Helen said...

A great conversion of the frame - you've done an amazing job.

Thanks for joining us at The Male Room Challenge.

Helen x