Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Rainbow Card Challenge July!

Hello Friends!

It's time for a new challenge at the Rainbow Card Challenge!  This month we are all about Tangerine!


Here's my card:

I have been watching Tim Holtz, and I believe that influenced this card.  Here is my step by step.

For the background panel I swiped spiced marmalade on this embossing folder.  Now the one pictured below must have slide because toward the bottom it's all weird.  So I did it again.  :) And I love this technique because it looks like it was printed on there in some fancy way. 


Here is a picture of the one I used on the card.  The raised areas stayed white.  


For the butterfly I used spiced marmalade and rusty hinge distress crayons and moved the color with water.  First I painted gesso on the cardstock.  When it was dry, I used a Tim H. butterfly die from sizzix and cut it out.  


I used a hampton spring on the butterfly so the butterfly could "fly" :)


The sentiment is a gold prisma color marker on paper that I then cut out with a Tim H. die.  Same technique as the butterfly just a different marker tool.  And I cut vellum for the shadow.

I hope you join us this month!  We would love to see your Tangerine cards!

Thank you for stopping by!  Until next time friends! :)

5 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Gorgeous! LOVING the butterfly!!

foleysfriend said...

Thanks for sharing that technique with the embossing folder. I love what you did with the butterfly to make it fly! So awesome.

sue n.
(aka foleysfriend)

Vicky Hayes said...

What a gorgeous background for your butterfly Katy! I love that technique. Vicky x

Aimeslee Winans said...

I love that folder technique, kinda like magic when it works. Love your card, I'm a bit stumped on this challenge, don't usually make many tangerine colored art. XOX

Em Louise Fairley said...

Katy, this is absolutely gorgeous! xoxo