Friday, June 5, 2020

Lucky to Know You Canvas

Hello Everybody!

I made this little canvas which is about 4 X 4.  I used modeling paste and then a flurry of sparks paints and micro beads and some finnabair waxes.  First you have to see what it is made from!


The base is this ten flat foam piece which is actually for teachers to teach kids.  I found a few sets of this with other counting things at Goodwill.  WooHoo!


So I painted it with black gesso which it took well.  Then stenciled over it with modeling paste.  I originally wanted it to be red.


And gold LOL


But that wasn't working for me.  So I coated the whole thing with Finnabair gesso to start over.


Then without a real plan I glue on some sandy bits-sort of like mircobeads from Powertex.


I gessoed over that.


And then I started painting and stamping and whatever else and couldn't stop.  Until I did stop and didn't take pictures of that process.  LOL.  I added some silver Finnabair wax and then I painted over it with Golden paints.  That's what gives it a metallic look.  Then I added black over the beads and then used a green wax to highlight the sand beads.  I stamped the sentiment from Muse stamps.  I added the bird which also has a green wax from Finnabair.  The bird is made of clay and the mold is from mod podge.  Then I added some Tim H. paperdolls and the gem heart button, key and clock.


Close Up.


Close Up.


I am entering this canvas into the following challenges:




Thank you for stopping by!  Until next time my friends-I am lucky that you stopped by :)

**Edited-this earned a top 3 at the Crafter's Castle.  Thank you! :)



2 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is amazing! LOVING the textures!

Jeanie Ellis - Scrapbookingmamaw said...

You did a wonderful job in your mixing media! Love it! Thank you so much for entering our Challenge at Crafter's Castle this week. Good luck!
Blessings, Jeanie Ellis DT
Crafter's Castle
crafterscastle.blogspot.com
Scrapbookingmamaw MyBlog