Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Spooky Coaster Vignette

Hello Everybody!

I know that we are four days in to October-and I already feel behind!  I love the month of October so much!  Fall and Halloween!  Pumpkin this and the overall feel of October.  Ahhh such a wonderful month!

Over at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge the challenge this week is to walk on the Dark Side.  And they are using primarily Tim Holtz 😍 supplies.  So I got out my spooky Tim Holtz stuff and this coaster holder that I bought at the thrift store.  There were not coasters so I think it was like 99 cents.  Score!

So I turned it into a vignette box.  Check it out!

Here is the original coaster holder.


I painted it black.  And then measured out Tim's tissue paper for the background.  I stamped some circles in the background and embossed them with glow in the dark embossing powder (sparkle n sprinkle).  I also distressed it with black soot distress ink.


Here is the finished vignette box.


This is the cool yet scary mad scientist (stampers anonymous) colored with Copics.  I got the cool Tim skull in the right corner.


These spooky potions are on the left.  The brown bottle (7 gypsies) contains shaker things from Queen & Company.  And the potion coin in filled in with distress paint.  The other bottle is Tim's and contains loose glow in the dark embossing powder.


This cool bird is from Tim's mover and shaker die cuts.  And the cool resin flowers are Tim's.


This is an awesome Tim pumpkin-which is oranger when you buy them.  I used distress walnut ink to make it fit with the rest of the vingette.


And that's it everybody.  Thank you for stopping by today!  

Until next time....Make Halloween! :)

3 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhhh this is AWESOME!!!!!!! I loveeeeeeeeeee it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maura said...

I love how you repurposed the box for the coasters! Great little dark scene in it! Thanks for joining us for our Walk On the Dark Side for our Monday challenge at Simon Says Stamp! Maura

Dotty Jo said...

How clever! This looks amazing. Well done you for seeing the potential in that coaster holder, Jo x