Sunday, February 21, 2016

VBS Trifold

Hello Everybody!

The last week and a half I have been busy with a trifold for my church's Vacation Bible Study.  VBS isn't until the summer but we wanted to drum up some excitement early. :)

I bought the board at a big box retailer, and I just bought the cardboard one.  The theme of VBS is the Deep Sea Discovery.  And we are going to talk about Noah and Jonah and the whale.

So using my Silhouette I cutout the 3-D version of Noah's Ark.  All of the images that I used on the Silhouette are from the Silhouette store.  I painted the sky and for the sea I used clear plastic wrap.  To turn the clear wrap to blue I used Tim Holtz's alcohol inks.  Mostly the bright blue one.


I cut a couple of doves from sparkly white paper from Doodlebug.  I cut a banner and put in the letters from VBS2016.  I used the Ed Sweetpea font.  This rainbow is made from tissue paper.  Tissue paper can be a great medium! :)


Here is Noah.  


Here is the tri-fold all done.  I cut the clouds, whale, and fish using the Silhouette, also.  The net was from IKEA I think.  We had bought some decorative spheres and that is what they came in.


I couldn't have made this without my Silhouette machine.  I love that machine! :)

So I am entering this into the Silhouettes Challenges #34 Anything Goes.

Until next time my friends, keep crafting! :)

5 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhh this looks amazing! I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nana said...

Awesome. Thanks for linking up over at Silhouette Challenges

Have a creative day.
Nana
♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥
♥ Paper & Stitches ♥

Unknown said...

Wow this is beautiful - hard work paid off :-). Thanks for linking to Silhouette Challenges for February. - Vicki Design Team member

Leslie Germain said...

Oh my, Katy!!! Such a fabulous trifold to showcase your upcoming VBS!!! LOVE everything about it - such detail. I am helping run VBS this year. My kids always enjoy going!!

Sue from Oregon said...

Wow--I am impressed with all the work you put in to this! I bet everyone else was too!!!

Thanks for sharing you wonderful inspiration with us at Silhouette Challenges #34!

♥ Sue Kment