Tuesday, December 1, 2015

House of Cards Blog Hop!

Hello Everybody!

It is time for the House of Cards Blog Hop!  We are making cards using this festive photo inspiration:



A big thank you to our sponsors!

There are prizes so please make sure you leave a comment for everybody! :)

You should have arrived here from Karen's blog-Karen's Crafting Obsessions.

Here's your hop order~

 House of Cards Challenge Blog

                              Katy *** You are here

For my first card I used 2 stamps from Great Impressions Stamps.  I used Christmas Gracie K100 and this Merry Christmas stamp.  I chose this Gracie because I could color her dress pink-taking the colors from the photo as my inspiration. :)


For my next cards I used MHK Designs.  These are fun vintage designs with awesome papers to match!  These are the sets that I used:



Here is my first card:


This card is small 3.5 X 4 inches.  But I loved the sentiment and papers so much.  I was inspired by the gifts in the photo so I thought it would be cool to make the card a gift.  The paper and sentiment are from MHK Designs.

My next 2 cards feature something in common:



I used my Minc machine from Heidi Swapp to change the images from black to foiled.  I works with a laser printer-so the ski is the limit.  The minc machine is awesome! :)

The colors help to inspire the first card.  The red from the presents and the gold around the presents.  

The last card is foiled red and I love this sled!  But there's not sled in the picture?  Those presents had to get there somehow right?

I hope that you have enjoyed my cards.  Check out Lilian's beautiful cards. 

Be sure to leave a comment.  Thank you for coming by!  Until next time my friends...good night! :)





20 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wow! These are just gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stempelfrida said...

Such a fun inspiration, thank you. I love the present card :) Creative regards from stempelfrida
http://stempelfrida.blogspot.de

Patti J said...

Very sweet! Thanks for sharing :)

mumbird3 said...

Love the sleigh!

z papieru robione said...

what a great inspiration !!! Your first card is my favourite :)

Merethe A said...

Nice collection of Cards here.
(✿*‿*) Ma
Teamie HOC
http://majaapia.blogspot.no/

Tiggerscraps said...

Wow. great projects

Donna said...

What a stunning collection of cards! Donna HOC teamie

StirYourCreativity said...

The cards are fabulous

Mynn xx said...

These are all so AMAZING, Katy! I LOVE the way you colored the first image, then all those cards with my digis are just fabulous! Thank you SO MUCH for all you've done at HOC the past term! Sending lots of HUGS! :) Mynn xx

Toni said...

These are terrific! I love the foiling!

Toni
HOC DT Teamie

Em Louise Fairley said...

Wow! These are all stunning!!! It's been an honor to be on the DT at HOC this term and I hope it continues!
Love, hugs and blessings,
Em, HOC teamie

sue t. said...

Lovely cards and each are so different. I wish I could step out of my box that easily!! Thank you for all your inspiration at the HOC over the last 6 months!!

Rosmarie said...

Wow, these are gorgeous cards you made, Katy! Love the way you used Mynn's Designs and your "Gracie" ist very beautiful too!
Hugs, Rosi HOC teamie

Elizabeth Hart said...

Such fun cards and what a gorgeous effect and texture on each one.

Lilian said...

Very pretty cards!!!
Lilian HOC DT teamie
The Leaf Studio

Tammy said...

WOW Katy gorgeous cards! I love that sweet little girl on the first card, beautiful gold touches on the other cards!
Hugs, Tammy

craftysahmiam said...

I love the foiled digital images, very cool ! Heather HOC DT

Unknown said...

They are gorgeous.

Hugs,
Merlina

Barbara Rankin said...

Great cards, Katy! I love each one. Hugs, Barbara HOC teamie