Friday, April 4, 2014

Happy Birthday Card

Hello Everybody!

I went to Hobby Lobby yesterday-FUN!  I bought a new set of banners and matching stamps from Sizzix.  And it's always fun to get to use them right away!

So here is my card:


At the House of Cards it is Anything Style Goes as long as you use the photo inspiration.  So here is the photo:


That's a nice breakfast nook!  So I was inspired by that accent wall that I interpreted to be mint green.  And on that same wall is a display of spoons.  That is why I incorporated the silver banners (my cool new sizzix banners and stamps).  And I used yellow twine because the pillows and seat cushions have yellow in them.

I dabbed TH Distress Paint Picket Fence around the edges of the card to soften it.  The background paper is Echo Park.  I pop dotted my sentiment and my wooden treble clef is the same size as the pop dots. :)



I am also entering this card in the challenge at Unique Laser Designs-Use Unique Laser Designs products.  I used the treble clef and painted it white.  

Also, Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Happy Birthday.  They are 5 years old!  Happy Birthday! :)

Thank you for stopping by!  Until next time my friends...have a great weekend! :)

6 comments:

Laura Sterckx said...

This is such a pretty card! Love the background and the banners! Great colors and layout! Thank you so much for joining us at the Simon Says Wednesday Challenge Blog!

Cornelia W said...

So pretty, you musical birthday card - cool banners! Thanks for playing with us at HOC, hugs, Cornelia -DT

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Gorgeous! LOVING the banner and the music paper!!!!!

Mynn xx said...

This is AMAZING, Katy!!! LOVE the fun banners and I adore the music theme, too! Thanks for joining us at House of Cards! :) HUGS and have a wonderful weekend! Mynn xx

Daen'Ys said...

Such a beautiful card! Love these banners on musical background!
Thanks for playing with us at House of Cards.
Rosi x ...CAS-DT

Unique Laser Designs said...

Love this card, Katy.

Thanks for joining the Unique Laser Designs April Challenge (ULD products used).