I am so excited to show this extra project. I am entering another challenge at LESSology. Check out their blog and see what other folks have created. It is so much fun! Plus there is still time...you can create your own! Until Sunday that is! :)
So here is the finished project or projects. I made one pretty and spring like. But keeping true to my goal, Halloween all during the month of October, I made a 2nd one.
These bouquets started with toilet paper rolls. They measure about 4 inches.
Using a bone folder, I creased the bottom half of the toilet paper tube. Then I applied Glossy Accents and put a clothes pin on the bottom to make sure the bottoms would stick together.
Then I applied Mod Podge to the exterior.
I used a makeup applicator to put the Mod Podge on. I put tissue paper on it. It was folded in half and I put it around the roll.
The stems for the flowers are skewers from the grocery store. I used wire cutter to cut them into different heights. Then I painted them green with acrylic paint.
While waiting for the skewers to dry, I used my crop-a-dile and punched holes in the back. This is where my ribbon will go. The holes are maybe a couple of inches away but they are level with each other.
So this part gets a little tricky. Since this is my first bouquet, I laced the ribbon through so the knots would be on the inside. The first knot--easy...second knot--not so much!
So I put a pink ribbon, a white fiber (or yarn), and those little pearls that are all on one "string." This was tricky because I had to make sure all the ribbons were the same length so the bouquet would hang right. Here is what the inside looks like.
Here is the FUN part! Making the flowers. I used the Cricut on all of these. I used the Walk in the Garden cartridge. Picking out the papers and the flower centers was so much fun! It was nice to use some things that I forgot I had!
The next thing I did was put the flowers in the tube to check and see how they looked. Did I want to add flowers? Did I need different size flowers? Are the colors good? When I am sure of their placement, the next step occurs.
You know the blocks they use in the bottom of vases to stick flowers in? I had a few little piece left...and it came in quite handy.
I broke it in half. But save the second piece!
I push it into the bottom of my bouquet tube.
Now the flowers are set. The next step I did was decorate the tube. If you were to do this project, you could decorate the tube first, then finalize the flowers.
I put lace at the top of the tube and used red-line tape to secure it in the back of the tube. For the lace that was the only place I used adhesive.
Then I added a wide sheer ribbon to the tube. Again, I used red-line to secure the ribbon in the back.
I added Making Memories pearl hearts which you can still get at Michael's. This little set has come in so handy for me!
All done! Besides my wall, I think this would look great in a cubicle or cork board.
You see the light switch here. I wanted to show perspective, that this isn't a big (size wise) project.
The Halloween bouquet was created a little differently in some ways.
First there was this extra tab that I cut off after the glue dried.
I tied the yarn on the back. Way easier! And I just used 1 yarn for this bouquet.
I glued the bottom front of the cute foamie ghost to the front of the tube. And I have him googly eyes. :)
That flower piece from earlier...here it is--yay! No waste!
The pumpkin boarder is from K&C a year or two ago. I run it through the Xron machine to make sure it will have a strong bond to the outside painted tube.
Close up of the flowers and added bat for fun.
Here's a close-up of the bottom. The trick or treat is from Recollections--they are like plastic pieces--very cool!
Here is the Halloween bouquet in its entirety.